Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year ~ New Outlook

As 2008 ended I began reading inspiring blog posts with wonderful reflections on the year gone by and aspirations for the new year.

I used to write "New Year Resolutions" as then beat myself up mentally for not getting them done.

This new year has me looking at things differently.

I have discovered many wonderful blogs and thank you all for what you write.

This wood carving in the photo below was a Christmas present from my husband and daughter, a great surprise as I'd been admiring it in the shop for a while!!

Today when looking at it I thought of it as a door through which I'm in the process of stepping.


This year I aim to

* look on things more positively

* relax and enjoy more

* listen to my intuition

* learn to love myself &

* create with confidence

5 comments:

Kris said...

Dear Ali,

Happy New Year :)

May this year provide you the space to come to truly love, value, admire, and celebrate who you are and all you live for. Remember what Confucius said, "A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step." So, keep on walking, step by step, choice by choice, thought by thought, breath by breath, and You Will Get There, to where you want to be in relation with yourself. I admire your courage :)

In Joy,
Kristen

Ali said...

Thanks for your caring and encouraging comments Kristen :-)

jennlui said...

ooohhh beautiful list ali!!! i wish for you the very best in 2009 and all that your glittery heart desires!!! i strongly believe that our thoughts hold power and our intentions create our reality, so yours will be indeed fabulous this year!!! beautiful intentions!!!

looking forward to getting to know you better in this awesome year to come!!!

peace out!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's gorgeous, the door! I like your symbolic take on it! Excellent list of intentions. Brightest blessings for the coming year that it may see you gliding through it in a positive, relaxed, joyous, intuitively-guided, self-loving, and confidantly creative manner!

Chrisy said...

oh thank heavens...the first new years post that i can relate to...one with a few achievable goals...not a long post of things that will inevitable get left by the wayside...i have no doubt that your year is going to be a fabulous one!