Saturday, December 27, 2008

Clearing Clutter in Your Bedroom/Bathroom ~ Day 3

"There is clarity within me and around me"
Today is about the bedroom as that is meant to be the metaphor for ones inner life.

The action for today was to clear out/declutter one drawer in the bedroom or bathroom and as I was excited to declutter I did got into it this morning!!

I kept repeating the affirmation "I am clearing all that I do not need out of my life" as I quickly disposed of items I'd hung on to for no apparent reason at all. They were things that had no use to me, had bad memories and took up space. Before I knew it I had thrown out a large bag of rubbish ~ it all from one draw!!

I then proceeded to clear out the remaining 7 drawers still repeating "I am clearing all that I do not need out of my life"

I actually felt empowered from throwing things away :-)

Late this afternoon my husband and I took the dogs for a walk along the beach again. I scoured the beach for interesting shells, like I always do.

We've been walking along the same beach for nearly 2 years now and even though we sometimes see Sea Eagles flying overhead we've never seen a feather. Today, for some reason, as I looked for shells I thought for the first time about finding a feather and low and behold about 20 metres further along the beach I found this beautiful one (about 34cm in length);

I am now about to add it to my altar.

4 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

What you think about, you bring about....hence the feather...cool!

I too felt very empowered with the clutter clearing. Expect to do more of it as you progress through the book ~ :)

love, light and peace,
serena

Anonymous said...

Simplicity is always the greatest giver of peace. I'm so happy for you!

Happy New Year!

Brandi Reynolds said...

oh wow, what a beautiful sign from the universe!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ali, an Eagle feather is a rare find and real "good medicine." A total confirmation for you.

Thank you for your compliments on my dreamboard!