Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Soul Coaching

Soul Coaching ~ 28 Days to Discover Your Authentic Self by Denise Linn

Anyone can do Soul Coaching!

It is an easy to follow programme described in the book as follows;

"It is a process that takes you to your spiritual source and helps you find meaning and sacredness in your everyday life. It allows you to take an honest look at yourself and your life, face fear, release old negative patterns, get motivated, and step boldly and joyfully into the future"

I am choosing to begin this journey now as for various reasons this is the perfect time for me!

I wrote the following contract to myself;



This is the altar I set up this afternoon for my journey of self discovery.


I love the wooden surface of my treadle Singer sewing machine so I didn't want to cover it with a cloth. I chose these objects for the following reasons;

* Statue ~ I found this recently in my local chemist of all places, in the gift section. I was drawn to it immediately and find her serene. She represents the Goddess within me.

* The candle holder and candle ~ These were a gift from my dear friend Sandy. They represent fire.

* Shells ~ I love walking along the beach and could never not live near the sea. These are my representation of water.

* Lotus flower ~ This was a recent birthday present from my husband and daughter. To me in represents earth and life as well as me blossoming as I grow.

All of these objects have an air element within them.

I am excited about tomorrow ~ day 1......

12 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Gorgeous altar! And you know what? I have exactly the same candle. Three of them in fact, LOL. I'm using them for tonight's Christmas Eve dinner.

Enjoy the Soul coaching journey! And the holiday season.

jennlui said...

beautiful altar ali!!! good for you focusing your energy for soul growth!!! perfect for a new year and a new cycle!!! i wish for you a very revealing and meaningful journey of self-discovery...

peace

Tori said...

Your contract and alter are great! You're going to enjoy Soul Coaching a lot. =)

Muffin Pants said...

Your alter is beautiful. What a wonderful way to celebrate your soul!

Kris said...

I appreciate your alter, and how it expresses You :) Your do-it-now attitude is both impressive and inspiring! I look forward to celebrating this Soul-Journey with you ... and getting to know you and love you in the process :)

In Joy,
Kristen

Ali said...

thanks you ALL for your fantastic encouraging & kind comments. I am blessed to share this journey with you all :-)

Judi said...

That's Kwan Yin - I have the same statue on my mini altar. You're going to be surprised at the subtle changes that come with Soul Coaching - enjoy a fabulous journey ;)

Kathie said...

Blessings for your Journey xx

Miss Robyn said...

I have a statue of Kwan Yin on my altar in my bathroom... she is the Goddess of Compassion...

Ali said...

Thanks for letting me know about Kwan Yin Judi & Miss*R

and many thanks for the blessings Faerie!

Serena Lewis said...

Ali, how wonderful that you are doing the Soul Coaching journey! It brought about a lot of positive changes for me and I hope it will do the same for you. You are in for an amazing journey, my friend.

I love your altar!

Love, light and peace,
serena

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i love your altar! i have several, my favorite is my heart rocks and my mermaids.
Blessings and again I am very pleased to meet you and reading your blog