Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gratitude

I don't think most of us stop often enough to think about how grateful we are for all of the wonderful things in our lives.

That is the reason I signed up for the 100 Things I'm Grateful For swap on swap-bot.

At first I thought it would be difficult to actually come up with 100 different things but it was easier than I thought.

100 Things I’m Grateful For

1. My good health
2. A home, safe place to sleep at night
3. My husband ~ for everything
4. My daughter ~ for being “her”
5. The opportunities that living in Australia can present to me if I wish
7. Having enough money to never have to go without
8. My parents for raising me as they did
9. Air conditioning to help with humid summers!
10. Having traveled so much as a child ~ opened my eyes to the world
11. Being able to travel overseas regularly
12. My two dogs ~ their companionship
13. My hens ~ their delicious eggs and manure for the garden
14. Being able to have the garden of my dreams
15. My organic veggie patch and its produce
16. Having a swimming pool
17. Rain
18. Living near the beach and walking there often
19. Not living in a third world country and having to struggle for everyday things in life
20. Both my parents & in laws for all that they do for us
21. The lovely breeze when it’s windy
22. Plentiful food
23. Hugs and cuddles from both my husband and daughter
24. Walking in the bush near our house and seeing kangaroos regularly
25. Butterflies hovering in our garden
26. All of the opportunities I’ve had so far in my life
27. Earthworms in the garden
28. Flower buds about to open
29. Developing veggies growing in our veggie garden
30. The bright cheery sunflowers
31. Our comfortable king sized bed ~ having a great nights sleep
32. My dogs being excited to see me
33. My daughter telling me any problems/issues she has
34. Airplanes ~ a great mode of transport to just about anywhere!
35. Money ~ never needing to worry about it
36. The fact my husband and daughter support my environmental “efforts” at home
37. My daughter’s good health
38. Having a car and being able to drive anywhere if I choose
39. Internet
40. The beautiful plants in our garden
41. Moonlight
42. My husbands’ like of cooking as I dislike doing it!
43. Smiles
44. Hugs
45. Friends
46. Family
47. Time together with my husband ~ just him and me
48. Holidays, especially overseas
49. An abundance of foods
50. Always having clean water to drink
51. One on one time with my daughter
52. Family outings/events
53. My dogs wagging their tails at me
54. The beautiful view from my windows
55. The natural beauty of the bush
56. The smile and laughter from my daughter
57. My husband, for just being “himself”
58. Friends accepting me for whom I am
59. Talks on the telephone with friends who live a long way away
60. Bargains when shopping
61. Treasures in op/thrift shops
62. The joy on someone’s face when I give them something
63. Dreams
64. Imagination
65. Laughter
66. Hearing my husband calling out "hello" when he arrives home from work
67. Our huge Balinese daybed to relax on
68. Mocha flavoured drinks, either hot or cold
69. Kookaburras laughing in the nearby bush
70. The beach
71. Public holidays as my husband is then at home more!
72. Talking with friends
73. Bees that germinate the flowers on my produce plants
74. The wind on a hot day to help cool me down
75. The dogs wagging their tails
76. Airconditioning in my car
77. Holidays
78. Cool showers
79. When school resumes after long school holidays!
80. How supportive my husband is
81. The love from my husband
82. The love from my daughter
83. My hearing
84. My sight
85. Warm drinks on a cold day
86. Cold drinks on a hot day
87. Caramel flavouring
88. My craft desk and “stuff”
89. Music
90. Books
91. Colour
92. Rainbows
93. Trees
94. Flowers
95. Gel pens
96. Our house
97. Computers / technology
98. Jewellery
99. Lychees ~ so sweet & juicy
100.Asian foods

What are you most grateful for?

2 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

I am grateful for many things.. I am grateful for MY self.. :)

and oh how I would die for one of those Balinese beds!

Miss Robyn said...

and ps - good to see another Australian!!