Monday, December 29, 2008

Clutter - Energy Up / Energy Down ~ Day 5

I can't believe that in such a short amount of time I've noticed such a change in how I'm thinking ~ it's wonderful!!

I awoke refreshed again, ready for a new day.

I felt today's affirmation even before I read it;
"Fresh, invigorating energy fills my life."
Today's exercise was in relation to decluttering. I chose was to walk around our home and see what objects/areas bring my energy levels up, down or remain neutral.

The places where my energy levels drop are in the kitchen and dining room, both the rooms associated with food!!

I decided to declutter the piles of paper work in the dining room and again was surprised to find so many things to dispose of. I quickly filled our recycling tub which was then emptied into the large council recycling bin outside.

I plan to sort through the kitchen cupboards and pantry next!!

As stated in the book (Soul Coaching) "Clearing out unused or unloved possessions in your home can have this same invigorating effect on your spirit - it can truly be a transformational experience. Your clutter may be draining and depleting your energy."

"When you clear out the "stuff" that lowers your energy, your home becomes a sanctuary."



I am pleased to announce that I have been keeping up with the commitment I made myself and today I swam laps in our pool.

9 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Interesting that your areas of low interest were the kitchen and the dining room. Isn't it fascinating what we can notice when we pay attention to the energy?

Anonymous said...

Way To Go On The Swimming! I truly know what you mean about clearing clutter. Once we did it I immediately became peaceful.

See you back here in a few days!

Serena Lewis said...

YAY for you, Ali!

Kris said...

Dear Ali,

Your openness here is stunning, and truly makes You shine through in a way that is deeply moving and inspiring.

It really sounds like Soul Coaching is truly coaching you in not only creating a sanctuary of your home, but also of your life and very being within yourself: Wow!

Keep on, Ali, you're very worth your efforts!

In Joy & Love,
Kristen

Chrisy said...

wow...ur an inspiration....a kick in the butt for me to do some decluttering today...and maybe...some exercise!

Joanna Rowan said...

What a beautiful and wonderful blog you have! Very inspiring! Wishing you love and light on your journey!
Joanna

Kathie said...

I agree! Decluttering feels great ... it really changes the energy in and around one's being!

Ali said...

sacred suzie ~ I had never thought of rooms or areas within my home have such an inpact on energy up/down ~ it was a great exercise!

Tabby ~ thanks, I just have to increase my number of laps so that it's doing somehting :-)

Serena ~ thans, the Soul Coaching journey is great isn't it?!

Kristen ~ thanks for your great encouraging comments!

Chrisy ~ thanks for stopping by and commenting. Did you get any decluttering done?!!

aN aLteReD fAirY taLe ~ thank you for stopping by for your lovely comments :-)

Ali said...

Faerie ~ I've never been enthusiatic about decluttering before but still only like tackling small areas at a time!!