Monday, December 8, 2008

What a mess!!

I am embarressed to show you all of the clutter in the room where I am currently sitting, surrrounded by half finished crafting projects and paperwork (paid bills etc).

I used to be much tidier than this but lately I always procrastinate about tidying it all up. One problem is that I dislike throwing things away as I always think I could use that for something! That's the recycler in me talking!! The trouble is that there is only so much room. I do have attachment issues also.

I need to be ruthless; put things away when I've finished with them, put paper scraps/old bills etc in the recycling bin and that way I will have room to move!

Also, if I clear off my craft desk I can get back to using it for what it's meant for ~ creating, instead of a place to dump things. Perhaps I'll then regain my creative inspiration :-)



By posting these photos I am aiming to motivate myself into doing something about it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much I commiserate with you. If you saw the state of my place... I know exactly what you mean about attachment issues. Ever since I got into crafting and altering things, I stopped throwing ANYTHING away. EVERYTHING can be used for something. But, like you said, now I have no room to actually create. It's a horrible catch 22 situation. I just feel like I want to move and start all over rather than try and get this mess in order. Your place looks neat as a pin compared to mine.

Ali said...

yes, EVERYTHING can be used for something,lol!! I know exactly how you feel about wanting to move and start over instead of sorting it all out!

jennlui said...

yay you go girl! a creative mess is a beautiful thing (i should know, my work table is a complete disaster!!!), but if it keeps you from actually creating than perhaps a clean up is a good thing to change up the energy. i usually get in a good clean up when i feel my creative energy escaping me. i hear you about finding it difficult to throw things out... my system is if i've done a few clean ups and i still haven't used something that i am debating on keeping then out it goes (well into the recycling or given away).

thank you so very much for leaving me a beautiful comment over on my blog, it's very fabulous to meet you!!!

have a wonderful tuesday!!!

peace

Celestite said...

Throw it all in a big box. It doesn't solve anything but it makes you feel better for a little while.
I had to laugh when I saw your blog....we picked the same background for blogs. Out of what....3,000 or so? small world.