Monday, December 15, 2008

Another first.

After completing my first dreamboard a couple of days ago I've now completed another first.

I am so excited about being a part of Mantra Monday which is the brainchild of Jennlui at A Trinket Treasury.

I've been thinking about creating a set of affirmation cards on and off for a couple of months now and the discovery of Jennlui's blog was the extra motivation I needed ~ thank you!!

The card is ATC sized which is 6.5 x 9cm (we use metric measurements in Australia) or 2.5 x.3.5 inches. I enjoy paper crafts (not scrap booking though) so I used some paper supplies, a paper flower with a brad in the centre and glitter glue.

As someone who lacks self confidence I thought this would be a great affirmation to begin with;


This week I am going to repeat this affirmation as often as possible and I hope you will all to do the same.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! You did an awesome job! I wish I could create things like that.

Tori said...

That is a great idea! Beautiful card, and perect to begin with. =)

Serena Lewis said...

WOW....it's a gorgeous card, Ali! Well done. I think I'll join Mantra Monday in the new year as I love affirmations.

Ali said...

Tabby ~ Thanks for your lovely comment. I don't consider myself arty as I can't draw/paint that's why I stick to paper piecing :-)

Tori ~ Thank you!!

Serena ~ I hope you do join in the Mantra Mondays. I loved making the card and am looking forward to creating the next one...

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali - so pleased to have discovered you through Sacred Suzie. Mantra Mondays sound good and will try to join in.I enjoyed the post you did a while back about ther turquoise ring your husband chose.Turquoise features in my recent post.I like your affirmaton card!

jennlui said...

yay oh yay!!! thank you sooooo much for joining me ali in my love for affirmations!!! and yours is a fabulous one indeed!!! great first!!!

my mantra monday post is up along with your link and affirmation card image!!! thanks again!!!

peace out

Muffin Pants said...

A much needed reminder. Thank you!
I love the bright colors too.
Yay Mantra Monday pals!

Tori said...

I just tagged you for a blog award! It's on my blog, check it out. =)

<3
Tori

Ali said...

Pam ~ Many thanks for your kind comments.

Jennlui ~ Thanks for getting me into creating affirmations cards!

Muffin Pants ~ It's great doing these isn't it. I love how you worded the post you did with your card :-)

Tori ~ many thanks for the blog award

Kathie said...

Gorgeous Affirmation Card!

Ingenious idea using ATC measurements ... now they double as collectables as well! =)