Friday, December 19, 2008

Todays pickings


There's something special about growing and harvesting your own produce.

These red capsicums (peppers) and cherry tomatoes were picked not even 5 minutes ago!!

Yes, some of them do have what a commercial seller would call "imperfections" (dimples, marks etc) but that's the joy of sweet, tasty, homegrown, organic, deep red cherry tomatoes and capsicums.

You don't need a large garden/lots of space to enjoy the benefits of homegrown vegetables, fruits and herbs. A pot and 6-8 hours of sunlight a day is all you need............

4 comments:

Tori said...

Those look good! I bet they taste delicious... =)

Serena Lewis said...

They look great and I'll bet they taste so much better than the shop-bought varieties. Lucky YOU! :)

Ali said...

they are so sweet that my daughter nibbles on them whenever she opens the fridge!!

Anonymous said...

They look awesome! One day I'd love to have a small garden of my own.